story of christ jesus

AAL-E-IMRAN (THE FAMILY OF 'IMRAN, THE HOUSE OF 'IMRAN) : 45-63

3:45. Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah;
3:46. "He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. And he shall be (of the company) of the righteous."

3:47. She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, 'Be,' and it is!
3:48. "And Allah will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel,
3:49. "And (appoint him) a messenger to the Children of Israel, (with this message): "'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah's leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe;

3:50. "'(I have come to you), to attest the Law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was (Before) forbidden to you; I have come to you with a Sign from your Lord. So fear Allah, and obey me.
3:51. "'It is Allah Who is my Lord and your Lord; then worship Him. This is a Way that is straight.'"
3:52. When Jesus found Unbelief on their part He said: "Who will be My helpers to (the work of) Allah?" Said the disciples: "We are Allah's helpers: We believe in Allah, and do thou bear witness that we are Muslims.

3:53. "Our Lord! we believe in what Thou hast revealed, and we follow the Messenger; then write us down among those who bear witness."
3:54. And (the unbelievers) plotted and planned, and Allah too planned, and the best of planners is Allah.
3:55. Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.

3:56. "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."
3:57. "As to those who believe and work righteousness, Allah will pay them (in full) their reward; but Allah loveth not those who do wrong."
3:58. "This is what we rehearse unto thee of the Signs and the Message of Wisdom."

3:59. The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was.
3:60. The Truth (comes) from Allah alone; so be not of those who doubt.
3:61. If any one disputes in this matter with thee, now after (full) knowledge Hath come to thee, say: "Come! let us gather together,- our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves: Then let us earnestly pray, and invoke the curse of Allah on those who lie!"

3:62. This is the true account: There is no god except Allah; and Allah-He is indeed the Exalted in Power, the Wise.
3:63. But if they turn back, Allah hath full knowledge of those who do mischief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ABOUT THE SECTION OF THE PEOPLE OF THE BOOK